Tuesday, November 23, 2004

Just rambling

I don't have any particular subject that I would like to elaborate on. I just feel like allowing my fingers to have their way on my keyboard. I guess this is what's referred to as 'random thoughts'. I am trying to find a way to boost my spirits. I'm not the type of person who sits around wallowing in self pity. I don't like being depressed or feeling sad.

I could run out at lunch time and pick up one of my favorite dishes (Thai style chicken fried rice), but, I have spent more than what I have available in my checking account. Now, how does that happen anyway. I guess the fact that I haven't been balancing my checkbook for the past - let's say 3, 4 maybe even 5 days. Money really slips through your fingers if you're not careful. There could very well be a bright side to my temporary financial dilemma. All of my transactions/checks have not cleared the bank. If they hold out until Friday everything is cool. If not, I'm looking at a couple of overdraft fees. Oh well, no one to blame but myself.

I hate having pride. I'm too proud to borrow a few dollars to put in my account until Friday. Honestly, it's not that much -- $35 bucks. I'll think about it between now and 4:30 pm and decide if and who I want to ask to do me a favor. How ironic that I forgot to bring my lunch today. I've still got a quick fix for that as well. The cafe in my building allows us to buy things on credit over the course of a week or 2 and pay after you've accumulated a decent sized tab. Too bad they don't serve chicken fried rice.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home